Hi I am Bela, welcome to my Creating Station where pretty paper is my inspiration. Come say Hi.

Tuesday 7 January 2020

It's a Marshmallow World and Trying Something New.

Good Morning Crafty Friends:  Well, Christmas is now over and as much as I am going to miss the twinkly lights, I am happy to have more space in our little townhouse back.  I am sure we can all raise a hand or two in unison stating that we sure do make a whole lot of mess when we craft our Christmas projects.  Now that most of the clean up (in the townhouse) is done, I am now sitting down to post the projects that I have been working on these last few weeks.

WINTER - CHILL - COLD
 A Double-page Layout with Simple Stories, Winter Farmhouse.
      

I thoroughly enjoyed creating with the Simple Stories's, "Winter Farmhouse," collection. The soft winter colour palette and the variety of designs made this double page layout come to life in a SNAP.  I am also allowing myself to layout photos that were taken in different settings or dates. A layout can be a cluster of images that stay within the theme and are showcased for the story you want to tell.

Here are photos of me going to work, a few winter scenic photos that my son took and one image from stock photos. 

Recipe for this Double-Page Layout:

1, 12 x 12 Simple Stories, Winter Farmhouse Collection Kit (various pattern papers)
1, Elements Sticker Sheet (included with the collection pack)
1, Coordinating Bits & Pieces (ephemera) package (various pieces)
2, Bazzill Ash Cardstock (background pages) a variety of solids from the Winter Farmhouse Solids.
Ink - Tim Holtz - Vintage Photo (for distressing)

I used a lot of the paper distressing techniques on this layout by tearing the edges of the paper (towards me) and by inking the edges with the Vintage Photo ink.  I elevated quite a few of the embellishments as well as some of the photos for emphasis.  The bits and pieces that coordinate with all of the Simple Stories collections, have to be by far my favourite embellishment to use.  

I have sent this layout to Simple Stories for their Design Team Roll Call....here is hoping that I make the cut.  Simple Stories is a Brand that I just adore.  Wait till you see what is coming out at Creativation 2020.  

I hope you have enjoyed this little share and I wish you a Happy Crafty Day.

~Bela~

No comments:

Post a Comment