Hi I am Bela, welcome to my Creating Station where pretty paper is my inspiration. Come say Hi.

Sunday 19 April 2015

The Pocket Letter Craze...

Hello:  I have been making Pocket Letters like crazy :)  I signed up for a group called, "Pocket Letter Pals on Facebook and I was in awe, seeing all the lovely creations. Just using your bits of left over paper and embellishments can create a lovely Pocket Letter for a Pen Pal.  I for one have sent about 10 to Pen Pals internationally.  Take a look and see.  Description down below.

This is a Beach Theme:  I used some vibrant summer papers that I had left over from a Beach layout that I created.  I used some of my stickers and embellishments that I had in my scrap stash for a while. This one went off to California :)


Here's a close up of the stamp that I inserted into one of the pockets.  This is a stamp by Susana Stamps (link below). I chalked the background sky and I used Liquid Glass by Close to My Heart for the water effect.  It is very sparkly.

The object of a Pocket Letter is to design the 9 pockets of a baseball/hockey card sleeve and send goodies to your partner. A Pen Pal letter is sent to let your partner know a little about you. Here I inserted some stickers, die cuts, ribbon and a tea bag for my partner.  I also created a little card with some points about myself.  Now it's off in the mail to California and I await a letter in return.

I have enjoyed making these for random Pen Pals around the world.  Here are a few more of the ones that I sent out this week.  Thanks for peeking in....

Woodland Creatures.



My first ever Shabby Chic creation. 



A Spring themed Pocket Letter.

A Tea themed Pocket Letter with a cookie recipe in the pocket.

 A Paris theme Pocket Letter.

My very first Spring themed Pocket Letter to my friend Gale. She introduced me to this fun hobby.



A Pocket Letter using one 12x12 patterned paper.


My work station, Pocket Letters in progress.



Sorting out the embellishments to insert into the back pockets.



I made this little notebook using the papers inside a calendar planner.



Supplies used:  www.susanascustomartandcarddesign.com for the spring stamps.
Kraftin Kimmie Stamps
http://www.magnoliastamps.us/

Thanks for peeking in.....if you wish to join in on the fun please go to:

Pocket Letter Pals  origniated by Janette Lane her blog information is:

http://janettelane.blogspot.ca/

~~Bela ~~

1 comment:

  1. These pocket pals are all adorable, Bela -- you did a great job on them, and they're so bright and cheery, anyone would be glad to find these in their mailbox !! Glad you're having such a fun time with them -- good luck on future endeavors. Happy crafting to you.

    ReplyDelete